Friday, October 22, 2010

Toooooooday

So, I realize quite thoroughly that after setting up my blogger account I kind of skipped a day. This is probably bad because it doesn't really show a lot of consistency- so far I'm 1 for 2, BUT! Circle K has these really good hot dogs that are also $1 for 2, and they are really good, so maybe my blog can be like that. Like two hot dogs, for a dollar. Now, to throw myself a bone, if you take the literal time into account, it has only been like 38 hours and not 48 hours since I last posted, so I guess you could say it hasn't been two days yet. I don't know where I'm going with that but I felt like it needed to be said.

So, anyway, I thought I might actually talk a little about my current life in this post if you don't mind.... or even if you do mind. So, basically growing up I thought I had seen like every movie ever made. This is because my dad and I would watch like a movie or two every day after school until I was in like 8th grade. However, I recently realized that IN FACT, no matter how many times you watch The Shawshank Redemption and the Terminator movies over and over again you still have only actually watched 3 movies (I pretend Terminator 3 doesn't exist).


SO! As it turns out, I am not nearly as well versed in popular cinema as I once thought I was. To remedy this most dismal situation, I took a recent week and watched one recommended movie a day, resulting in 6 awesome movies being pinned under my belt. Well maybe on my belt. Or on my wall? Are movies heads that you put on your wall, or are they more like merit badges? Maybe you put them under your hat? I'm not really sure, but, if they were elephants I'd have 6 of them and I'd name them the following:
Pulp Fiction
A Clockwork Orange
American History X
Choke
Social Network
 Death to the Tin Man
All of these movies are awesome, but if I were to rank them, it would not at all resemble the list above, but instead go 1, 6, 4, 5, 2, 3. Don't get me wrong all of these things have awesome things to say, and have probably changed my life forever. And remember: Forever is a long time. BUT, more importantly then all of these, or any movie in fact, I have been most impressed with The Office. That's right, a television show. Let me just say that as far as artistic quality, Television is kicking Movies in the Kotush. Sure, in a movie you can have flashier effects and bigger budgets and such, but you just can't get the characters down........ INTERMISSION: by the way, I bought a video camera and totally have decided to use it in awesome ways so stay tuned...... AND NOW WE'RE BACK: ..... which really is what drives people's interest I think. Don't get me wrong there are specific feelings that Movies can generate that TV shows just can't BECAUSE of the pace of each. If you had every episode of a show have as much plot as a movie does, you'd run out of things to say really fast, and you'd dissolve into stupidity within the first season- which is the problem with most Anime, if you're interested in that at all.
In anycase, I used to think that The Office was really dumb, but after watching all 6 seasons within two weeks (damn.), it's really grown on me (along with some kind of moss from the couch). I can't recommend it enough.

And done.

No comments:

Post a Comment